4 major Internet Service Providers, a Telecommunication Company and a System Integrator have entered a significiant enterprice in order to relieve the Internet traffic. TR-q, the communication network, realized by the participation of Bnet, DoganOnline, Koç.net, Sabanci Telecommunication, SBS and Superonline, aims to enhance the speed, security and the quality of the Internet traffic in Turkey. Communication network is open to participation of all ISP’s and Türk Telekom.
Bringing the major actors of Turkish Internet market which bares high capacity of traffic, TR-1, will be activated in Istanbul first. Members will be able to provide direct and speedy access to the sites and services in each other’s network by TR-1. Other ISP’s will be able to get use of the same advantage in case they participate TR-1. Moreover, in case Turk Telekom joins the communication network in future, TTNet users will access the content even more faster.
TR-1, activates as a peering point aiming to prevent the dependency to TTNet in Turkey’s internal traffic. Since Internet is a backbone using multi-connections smart, as new alternatives appear events such as cut, slowness and craking up. Therefore TR-1 will allow Turkey a more economic backbone structure with spare connections.
Being comprised of lines of 34 Mbps and having the highest level of network in a specific geographical region, TR-1 enhances domestic connection speeds and performances of member establishments. Besides, it allows the reducing of usages by making other Internet connections (satellite and TTNet) free of the traffic directed to member ISP’s.
TR-1 member establishments and their Autonomous System Numbers(ASN);
· BNET ASN: 15924
· DoganOnline ASN: 12978
· Koç.net ASN: 8386
· Sabanci Telecommunication ASN: 8705
· SBS ASN: 12981
· Superonline ASN: 6822
ADVANTAGES OF TR-1 COMMUNICATION NETWORK
TR-1 network provides significian advantages to the major actors of Turkish Internet market, who gathered to find a solution for sharing the domestic Internet traffic load.
- Being the highest level of network backbone in the region, TR-1, comprised of multiple 34 Mbps lines, enhances the connection speed for domestic connections and performances.
- Member ISP’s can advertise their ASN as well as she can advertise ASN belonging to their clients. By this way, most of the IP addresses existing domestically, can be accessed via TR-1 backbone with a very high speed.
- Forwarding domestic traffic will provide higher-costing Internet outlines operate more effectively by reducing the traffic load on other outlines of member ISP’s…
- Thigh-capacity lines forming TR-1 backbone are structured as to prevent reflection of any break-down to the user. This way, service permanency for domestic traffic of each member ISP can be upgraded to the highest level.
THE TOPOLOGY Of TR-1 COMMUNICATION NETWORK
Each of the six members participating in TR-1’s structure connects to the structure with 3 34 Mbits of rental line, just like other member ISP’s. With 9 lines each having 34 Mbps capacity, the total traffic capacity of Tr-1 is 306 Mbps.